quinta-feira, 22 de abril de 2010

I was walking down some stairs when right at the corner, she bumped into me. She said sorry and gave that awkward smile people give whenever they bump into strangers. "Pretty girls are just forced to be common. People expect them to act certain ways more than ugly girls. I feel kinda bad for them" I thought, still walking down the stairs. I suddenly felt my coat being pulled by my elbow and turned around. Soft-pink lips, dimple on the left cheek and nice hair. Well but not over dressed. "I'm sorry, but could we do this again? I don't want to be just some girl you bumped into going down some stairs. I don't want to be an ant in your life, you know? Someone you saw and won't even remember tomorrow. Imagine how many really cool or smart or interesting people we see everyday but don't recognize. Maybe some girl you've passed by could've been the love of your life. If only you said hi to her on the bus or whatever.." and she immediately blushed and looked downwards. "It's like we only do stuff to survive and the only reason we ever talk to someone else is to keep our freakshow society polite and completely functional. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo or anything but.." she struggled to find words, but sighed and continued "you know what, nevermind, I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry if I interrupted you or made you late for something. Nice to meet you, stranger."
Should I say "I agree with you" or "you're not really sorry, are you?"?. I chose the first. I thought she'd be more interested if I talked about her. "I agree with you. I think a lot about that, too. Everyone is always on auto-pilot. We pass each other without any human contact whatsoever. There's just no.. hum... warmth, I guess, between us ants. Coincidence or fate, we were both at this exact spot at this exact time. I think that's pretty important. Whenever we feel like talking to someone on the street we think that could be interesting, we should."
The lights on the wall by the stairs grow dim and it feels as only ours face are lit by it.
"This could be the most important part of our lives and we could've wasted it. We could've ignored and carried on, never knowing. I'm glad we met. And I'm not just saying."

Um comentário: